Tuesday, March 13, 2012

40 Days of Lent: A Spirtual Journey -- Day Eighteen

For Day 8: Stop stressing about money. It won’t help. Plan, don’t panic.



http://www.fabulouslybroke.com/
2011/06/why-do-you-budget/
It works.  It really does.  About three years ago I decided to go to a financial advisor.  Little did I know when I went in to see Navneet, my life would change so dramatically.  For the first time in my life I really took charge of my financial life.  And by that same June, with the help of an "incentive" from my workplace, I retired and began the next chapter of my life.

Now I am not saying I still don't find myself stressing about money now and then.  I play the "What If" game as well as anyone.  A lot can happen.  I think you all know what I am talking about.  And I never take my good fortune and heavenly blessings for granted.  I just trust and move forward.  Tomorrow comes whether I am ready for it or not.  Planning helps.  Often, God or Fate or whomever, has other plans.  But planning does indeed help.

I believe in the Law of Circulation.  As you give, so shall you receive.  It says that somewhere in the Bible.  It is at the base of most motivation rhetoric.  Money, they say, makes the world go 'round.  I believe it is the energy behind money that propels the world forward.  Whether that energy is the light from deep inside or the dark forces of greed like some say drive gas prices, it is energy.  It is that energy that we need to channel.  And finally, it is coming to that place of faith that the ultimate Good will indeed triumph.  It will, I believe (and oft have to remind myself) work out.

There is more to life than money.  I remember saying that to my parents when I was about 16.  We didn't have much; and they were always worried about it.  But it always worked out.  We never went hungry.  We always had a roof over our heads.  We had love.  We had hope.  While on the surface it may not have appeared so, we really did have it all....all we ever really needed.

Plan.  Come up with a "green line" like in the TV commercial.  Get advice from someone you trust.  Tomorrow will come.  You might as well be ready for it.

Today I will be reminded every time I worry about money that it is the Source's good pleasure to give us what we truly desire, all we truly need.  And then I will return to planning.  As long as we can plan, there is hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment